Friday, June 18, 2010

If Reading was an Image - This is mine

I saw this post over on Random Ramblings and wanted to participate. Go over to participate and to read Jillian's response and see her image. http://randombookishramblings.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-reading-was-image.html


Simon at Stuck in a Book challenges his readers to choose a picture that sums up their reading tastes in books. The catch is, we can NOT use photos that have images of books, reading, and/or literary characters.
Dark Corners - An Oil Painting
This was perfect for me. I love variety and I believe this painting will get numerous statements on what the beholder feels when looking at it.
My reading taste would consist of thrillers, psychological mysteries, suspense, adult fiction, emotional sad stories that sometimes have a glimmer of hope. I found this image from google by putting in glimmer of light. I love books that make me have a reaction, good or bad and somtimes put me on the edge of my seat. I even think the shadow could be looked at as a ghost, could be her demons or could be an angel going to take care of her. And what is she looking at? This feeling in books is why I love to read, what is next, I have to know, let me guess, oh I was wrong, yes I knew it, etc....
*
This is what the artist wrote under the painting and immediately I knew this is my choice.
*
*
These paintings are meant to convey feelings of fear and distress and are suggestive of abuse. Most of the paintings of are my models and they show a young, frail woman within a dark room. The figure is painted in realistic detail and the background is a minimalist wash of black paint over a gray ground. The overall effect is one of isolation and loneliness. In most of the paintings, there is no threatening object present. We only see the isolated figure. But the threat does appear, albeit indirectly, in "Intruder" and "Haunted". However, not all the paintings are dark, as there is some sense of hope in "Glimmer of Light" which is made manifest in "Recovery" and the final "Liberation."
What about you? If you could sum up your reading taste, or your reading life in general, through a picture, what would it be?
I enjoyed this idea, what do you think?
*
NOTE - check out my Giveaway for The Last Bridge, ends Saturday.
*
Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce

7 comments:

  1. Wow, great picture! It totally suits your reading style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea! I love your choice. It really does seem to fit with the books you read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice for your description, simple but so complex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like your choice! You are right that we have similar interests in books! I could easily have used your image to represent my taste! I also like "intruder" in the same series on the artist's website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marce, this is a beautiful picture, and love your description for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by on the Hop. Excellent choice of picture! And your explanation is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from the hop. That is a great picture and I love the way you described it. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Stop by any time
    Rachel 1001 Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.